New Jersey Academic Alliance for Offshore Wind Energy
What is the A2OSW? To build upon the collaborations and multidisciplinary expertise among New Jersey’s colleges and universities as it pertains to offshore wind energy, the concept of a New Jersey Academic Alliance for Offshore Wind Energy (A2OSW) was formed in summer 2023. The vision of the A2OSW is to be a national leader for innovative offshore wind energy research and education, and to serve as a hub to convene, coordinate, and catalyze innovative research and education programs so they are academically diverse and inclusive, recognized for thought leadership, support state goals, and ensure that coastal communities receive the benefits of a clean and resilient offshore wind energy economy.
What academic institutions are currently involved in the A2OSW? There are currently ten academic institutions involved in the A2OSW:
- Atlantic Cape Community College (ACCC)
- Monmouth University
- Montclair State University
- New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- Princeton University
- Rowan University
- Rutgers University
- Seton Hall University
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Stockton University
Other New Jersey academic institutions are welcome to join!
What are the activities of the A2OSW?
- On January 12, 2024, the A2OSW held a Symposium for New Jersey academic institutions to discuss their expertise, programs, and projects in offshore wind energy education, research, community engagement, and workforce development; identify opportunities for collaboration; and develop a plan to build an organized statewide effort in offshore wind energy.
- The A2OSW is currently planning the NAWEA/WindTech conference that will be held on October 28 to November 2, 2024.